BLOG POST 14 / SO MUCH TO BE THANKFUL FOR
We have so much to be thankful for this year, especially with the recent publication of our first full feature. With Thanksgiving in mind, we'd like to take a moment to focus on a few of the people and things we are most grateful for.
1. Anyone reading this post - Why? Because you support Dinner w/ Friends. Or, at the very least, you're giving us a chance. We've been at this for a couple years now, slowly refining our brand, developing new content, and working towards the day when you can hold a copy of the magazine in your hands. If you've been with us from the start, you deserve enough gold stars to fill the night sky. If you're just joining us, thank you for allowing us to show you what we're all about. We hope you stick around. The process of launching a creative endeavor like this magazine is a bit like having a baby, and then asking a bunch of strangers to help you raise it.
2. Friends and family - Our rocks. Our support system. Our champions. We love you.
3. Micah and Miciah Garcia of the Dreamers That Do podcast - Thank goodness to Instagram for bringing us together. We honestly don't know what we would've done without your support and partnership over the past couple of months. That there are two people in Fresno loving and supporting people the way you do is such a blessing for the community. We so enjoyed the exchange of ideas and inspiration that occurred as we worked together to put on a dinner party that incorporated both of our visions and individual creative projects.
4. Everyone who attended our first dinner party - I don't think we could've had a more open-minded, kind, creative group of people to be our guinea pigs, er, guests, for our first attempt at putting together a dinner party for the magazine. Thank you for saying yes to our invitation and being down for the whole experience.
5. Fresno - We love you more and more every day. Thank you for being a place where creative dreams can come true.
6. Food - A post about Thanksgiving gratitude isn't complete without at least a mention of food. We're thankful that we can spend time with the ones we love this time of year and chow down on some good old home cookin'.
Now, would you please pass the turkey--and the stuffing, green beans, potatoes, cranberry sauce and pie?